With the coming of casinos over the internet each casino games that were played earlier at land casinos have a boost and they are more convenient and thrilling to play. Also many gaming developers are facing now quite a challenge and competition in the market producing new internet casino games regularly for the players to enjoy. Playtech’s Pontoon is an interesting and popular Blackjack variant enjoyed by many all over the world.
This is a single-hand game with a table limit of $300 where minimum bet is $1. The game itself is simple-get as close to 21 without going over. It’s a two-card game between Player and Dealer, but the Dealer doesn’t show any cards until you are done with your hand although he’ll check for 21.
How to play this online game
- Eight decks of 52 cards are in the stack.
- Push goes to the Dealer.
- Dealer must hit on 16 and on a soft 17 (one that includes an Ace).
- Dealer will stand on a hard 17.
- No Insurance or Surrender.
- Player must hit until he or she has at least 15.
- Double down is allowed, and player will be given as many cards as needed.
- Ten-value cards are considered equal in terms of splitting.
- An Ace and a 10-value card is always a Pontoon, regardless if it comes after a split.
How to win this online version of Pontoon?
There are two ways to absolutely win in Pontoon: a two-card 21 total as you know called a Pontoon, it’s an Ace and a 10-value card and a 5-card trick that is when a player holds 5 cards without busting, regardless of value.
Both pay 2 to 1 odds, but in a match-up, a Pontoon will take all. A score of 21 using a number of other cards and not five will pay even money.
You can play this game in free mode to learn before you venture into real money gaming or if you are an expert go straight to real money wins.